New England Revolution forward Charlie Davies is in remission after being diagnosed with cancer this past spring, the club announced Saturday.
The 30-year-old, who has appeared in eight games this season but not played since April 27, has been treated for liposarcoma, a rare cancer found in soft tissue fat cells.
"It was important for Charlie to concentrate on his family and treatment during the past few weeks and the club honored his wish for privacy," the Revolution said in a statement. "The New England Revolution will continue to support him through full recovery and are looking forward to seeing him back out on the pitch."

Taking to Twitter, Davies wrote: "Cancer was something I never expected. But having beaten it, I'm that much stronger for it. Pumped to be back with the squad!"
Davies has overcome considerable hardship before. In October 2009, Davies was involved in a fatal car accident near Washington, D.C., that left him with a broken femur and tibia in his right leg, a fractured left elbow, nose and eye socket, bleeding on the brain, a torn ligament in his left knee, and a lacerated bladder.
The injuries sidelined the U.S. national team striker for over a year, keeping him out of the 2010 World Cup, but he returned to the field in March 2011 and scored 11 goals for D.C. United that season while on loan from French club Sochaux. He has netted 14 goals over the past four seasons with New England, including 10 in 2015.
This past March, Davies welcomed twin sons with his wife, Nina, three month prematurely.
"How many times have I thought, 'This is the worst thing I'll ever have to endure'?" Davies told Fox Soccer. "More times than I ever thought I would. After the car accident, it was doubtful that I might be able to live a normal life again. When my boys were born three months prematurely I didn't know if we would ever get to bring them home. And then a few months ago, we found out that I had cancer."